Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
1107 Washington St., Cedar Falls
Assessed at $326,000. Open House Sunday 1:00-2:30. This well-maintained historical home was built in 1876 and sits on a half acre corner lot within walking distance of downtown. The interior was recently painted. 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3 living areas, 2 staircases and main level laundry room. The chandelier lit dining room has hardwoods with alternating panels of walnut & maple. Opposite the beautiful bay window you'll find a intricately hand carved fireplace imported from Boston. You'll love the screen porch which overlooks an incredibly private yard framed by mature shade trees. The master bedroom has a huge walk-in closet, exposed red brick fireplace, updated bathroom and large sun porch. The kitchen has a new stove & microwave, cozy breakfast nook and has views of both large side yards. This character-filled beauty would make a great 'Forever Home' with wheel-chair accessibility, roll-in shower and first floor bedroom. And, since a large storage space was added on, the 2 stall garage could easily be converted to a 3-stall. The mechanicals have been meticulously maintained. The owners purchased this landmark in 1986 and have always enjoyed having friends and family over to watch the Sturgis Falls Parade from their wraparound front porch and sprawling lawn. This is a special home. Take a tour and make it yours. /// Seller is willing to present the buyers with a check for $20,000 at closing (depending on negotiated sale price). No historical restrictions on improvements. Property taxes may be protested and substantially reduced.
- MLS® #20194298
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage3,446
- Year Built1876
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- Style2 Story
- Parking2 Stall, Detached Garage, Garage Door Opener, Oversized Garage, Workshop/Garage
- # of Garages2
- Garages2 Stalls
- ExteriorWood Lap
- Exterior FeaturesGarden Area, Porch-3 Season
- Lot DescriptionCorner Lot
- RoofAsphalt, Shingle
- Address1107 Washington St.
- AreaBlack Hawk
- CityCedar Falls
- Zip Code50613
- Interior FeaturesCeiling Fan(s), Ceiling Fan/Light, Paneled Doors, Rear Stairs, Pocket Doors
- AppliancesDishwasher, Dryer, Washer, Water Heater-Gas, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, Refrigerator, Water Softener (Included), Built-In Range
- HeatingForced Air, Gas, Radiant, Steam/Hot Water
- CoolingCentral Air, Ceiling Fan
- FireplacesGas, Multiple, In Bedroom, In Family Room Down, In Living Room, In Master Bedroom
- ElementaryLincoln Elementary CF
- MiddleHolmes Junior High
- HighCedar Falls High
- Listing AgentBert Gilgen
- Listing OfficeStructure Real Estate
The IDX information being provided by the Northeast Iowa Regional Board of REALTORS® is exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Listing information last updated on October 23rd, 2019 at 5:12am CDT.