Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
19976 Cedar Road, Elgin
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime!? Hidden away in Northeast Iowa, this nearly 500-acre nature preserve is one of the largest privately owned forested estates in the State of Iowa. Stunning harvestable hardwood forest, 2 lakes, streams flowing from natural springs, waterfall, organic fields & pasture lands, and different natural ecosystems. Hills and valleys with miles of forest roads and established ATV trails. Wildlife abounds: eagles, heron, songbirds, geese, ducks, deer, turkey, pheasant, red fox, squirrels, and many others make their homes here. Largemouth bass, bluegills, and green sunfish await a pole and patience. Wild harvestable foods, spring morel mushrooms, summertime grapes, strawberries, black raspberries, and blackberries for the picking, fall apples, nuts, and "hen of the woods" mushrooms...delicious! Add a nearly 2,000 square foot estate cottage that sleeps 8-10, a small A-frame cabin, a large garage/shop/office, and a pole barn for your recreational equipment. Close to Iowa's playground in the Great River Road country, gorgeous drives for motorcycling and sightseeing, rivers for kayaking, parks for camping & picnics, and lovely small communities with unique restaurants, shops, art, and year round festivals, music, and other activities. Simply Heaven.
- MLS® #20194675
- Full Baths1
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage1,805
- Year Built1971
- Style1-1/2 Story
- Parking2 Stall, Oversized Garage, Workshop/Garage
- # of Garages2
- Garages2 Stalls
- Is WaterfrontYes
- ExteriorWood Lap
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Fishing, Hunting on or Near, Landscaping, Dock-Boat, Garden Area, Horses Okay, Outbuildings, Pole Barn, RV Parking, Storage Shed
- Lot DescriptionPond, Timber, Wooded Area, Bluff, Buildable Site, Crop Land, Horse Property, Lake Access, Lake Frontage, Lake View, Rolling Property, Stream on Property, Valley View, Waterfront
- RoofShingle, Asphalt
- Address19976 Cedar Road
- Zip Code52141
- Interior FeaturesCeiling-Vaulted, Handicap Access, Skylights
- AppliancesDishwasher, Microwave, Range-Free Standing, Refrigerator, Water Heater-Gas, Water Softener (Owned), Washer, Dryer
- HeatingForced Air, Gas
- CoolingCentral Air
- MiddleNorth Fayette
- HighNorth Fayette
- Listing AgentBenjamin Harman
- Listing OfficeHarman Realty
The IDX information being provided by the Northeast Iowa Regional Board of REALTORS® is exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Listing information last updated on November 14th, 2019 at 7:57am CST.